I was so amazed when I made my first homemade pizza by myself. It is so simple that in 45 minutes you're eating an exquisite and tastefully good looking pizza. The recipe is really easy to make. I remember the first time I was making it, I couldn't stop saying "I can't believe I just made pizza dough, it's so simple!". And the best part of it was when it came out of the oven all red coloured with these toppings upon ready to be eaten. And besides it is the healthiest pizza you will ever eat without having that much of fat you'll find in the regular ones.
For Pizza Crust:
1 Cup self-rising flour
1/2 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1/3 Cup warm water (more if needed)
For the Topping:
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Can tomatoes sauce (300 g)
1 Teaspoon dried oregano
1 Teaspoon dried basil
Mozzarela Chesse (all you wish)
1. Preheat the oven 450 F / 230 C.
2. Put the flour and salt in a large bowl. Add the olive oil stirring all the time.
3. Slowly pour the warm water into the flour and oil mixture, stirring while you pour. When the water is mixed into the flour, use your hands to form the mixture into a ball.
4.Sprinkle some flour onto a cutting board. Turn the ball of pizza dough out onto the cutting board, then knead it until it is smooth and soft.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a circle or the form you wish to make. Put the pizza crust into a grease baking sheet and set it aside.
6. Peel the onion and finely chop it.
7. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes or until it gets tender.
8. Add the tomatoes, oregano and basil to the saucepan. Simmer this tomato sauce for about 15 minutes.
9. Spoon the tomatoe sauce over the pizza crust, spreading it with the back of the spoon.
10. Thinly slice the mozzarella cheese and arrange the slices over the top of the pizza.
NOTE: if you want, add to the topping all vegetables you wish but putting the cheese at the end to protect them from the heat.