Sunday, August 28, 2011
CHICKEN IN THAI GREEN CURRY
300 gr. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3 Cups unsweetened coconut milk
2 Tablespoons green curry paste
1 Cup water
3 Tablespoon fish sauce
1 Teaspoon sugar
1 Cup bamboo shot strips
3 Tablespoon green peas (frozen)
1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
2 lime leaves
20 whole leaves fresh basil
1. Slice the chicken 1/4 inch thick and 2 inch long.
2. Heat one cup of the coconut milk in a wok on high heat, until it boils. Add green curry paste and, reducing the heat to medium, stir to dissolve it in the coconut milk. Add second cup of coconut milk, raise the heat to maximum and let cook for 8-10 minutes until the oil of the coconut milk rises tot he top and let sauce thickens somewhat. tear the lime leaves in thirds and add to the wok. Turn heat back to medium and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken, turn heat back to maximum. Stir chicken into the sauce and immediately add the third (and last) cup of coconut milk, as well as a cup of water. Stir-cook for 1 minute until the mixture is bubbling happily. Add fish sauce and sugar and stir-cook for 2 minutes, until it is bubbling hard.
4. Add bamboo shots and stir-cook for 2 minutes. Add red pepper and stir-cook for 1 minute. Add green peas and 3/4 of the basil leaves. Stir-cook for 1-2 minutes, folding the ingredients into the sauce, until it all seems ready to eat.
5. Take off heat and transfer into a deep serving dish. Top with the remain of basil leaves and some other red pepper strips.
"When doing this recipe, I recommend to shop all the ingredients before you begin to cook it, as every step written above, it cooks faster than you think it will".
Posted by Kelly Tabares at 3:57 PM