Monday, May 2, 2011

TEX-MEX BEEF FAJITAS

These fajitas are very easy-to-make. And if you make them at home probably they will be better than in a restaurant, just depends on your imagination. I remember the first time I made this recipe I was so scared as I didn't know this sort of food and I didnt't have any idea of what I was doing but when we all were dining on the table my cousin said to me: "These are the best fajitas I have eaten so far".


1 large sirloin or round steak, pounded falt into strips
1     Cup               italian salad dressing
2     Tablespoon     butter
1     Green pepper, cut into strips
1     Jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
1     Yelllow onion, cut into thin strips
1     Teaspoon       cumin powder
1/2  Teaspoon        salt
2     Tablespoon     tequila
Black pepper to taste
Chipotle powder to taste (optional)

PREPARATION:

In a glass bowl, marinate steak in Italian salad dressing for a minimum of 2 hours and a maximum of 12 hours. Stir every couple of hours to ensure even marinating.

In a large pan, fry the onion in butter until tender, add green pepper and Jalapano pepper and fry for another minute. Add cumin powder and salt. Add marinated beef and cook on a medium heat. Simmer until the contents become drier (no liquid in the pan).

Just before serving, add tequila and black pepper. Shake on chipotle powder to taste.

Place the fajitas in a flour tortilla and top with some guacamole and fresh tomato salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment